GKN Material Handler - 3rd Shift in Roxboro, North Carolina
Material Handler - 3rd Shift
Country: United States
Work Location: Roxboro
State: North Carolina
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
1) Have the ability to rotate between all Logistics jobs. These jobs are Material Handler, Receiver, Shipper, Stretch Wrap and miscellaneous i.e. Cycle Counter, Recyclables, Service Material Handler, Battery Maintenance. Etc.
2) Be able to follow and apply the QS9000 procedures.
3) Maintain inventory accuracy at cycle count level that is > 96%.
4) Use a computer, bar scanning devices and associated equipment in a proficient manner.
5) Maintain the assembly cell with delivering materials and removing finished goods in a timely manner.
6) Receive and ship products on a correct and timely manner.
7) Be proficient in operating all material handling equipment in a safe and expeditious manner.
8) Have a working knowledge of KANBAN.
9) Perform any other duties as specified by supervisor.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Have a High School Diploma or GED.
Must have a valid Drivers License
Demonstrate ability to operate material handling equipment (prefer 2 years previous experience in a high volume warehouse/distribution center).
Prefer previous Bar Code experience.
Have the physical ability to bend at more than a 45 angle, stoop, twist, turn, lift up to 30 pounds, and use repetitive hand motions.
Have an interview, reference checks and a medical examination.
Be physically capable of performing all related material handling duties.
Possess general problem solving skills.
Proven written and oral communications skills.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.