GKN Quality Control Inspector II - 292.18 (ARBU) in El Cajon, California
Quality Control Inspector II - 292.18 (ARBU)
Country: United States
Work Location: El Cajon
Advertising End Date: 15 Nov 2018
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
Under moderate supervision performs varied tasks associated with visual and dimensional inspection, from first article through final inspection, required in the fabrication and development of metallic and/or non-metallic components and assemblies, bonded parts and other miscellaneous accessories.
1) Works from engineering drawings, general or written instructions, inspection check sheets, standard inspection directives and procedures.
2) Performs in process, final inspection, and test operations to assure quality standards for metallic and/or non-metallic component quality of workmanship and functional performance.
3) Checks metallic and/or non-metallic components or tooling dimensions such as; locations, concentricity's, parallelism, height, angles and squareness using precision
measuring equipment such as; gages, calipers, scales, micrometers.
4) May need toreview production difficulties that are traceable to newly built or faulty
tooling, vendor supplied material and manufacturing production procedures.
5) Refers unusual or unacceptable conditions to Supervisor.
6) Recommends changes in standards, techniques and procedures as warranted.
7) Mentors/provides guidance/assistance and training to junior QC Inspectors.
8) Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning
duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government
9) Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports
the Company's overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in
issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
10) Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
11) Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with
the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and
indirect contracting with the United States Government.
12) Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience & Qualifications
Requires a minimum of 3 years related experience to include direct and progressive experience in hands-on manufacturing and/or quality operation required. Ability to read and follow detailed work instructions required. Ability to work independently, using manufacturing sketches or engineering drawings desired. Ability to use simple measuring instruments such as tape measures, micrometers, scales, calipers and vernier gages required. May require ability to set up and operate CMM. Requires intermediate math skills involving decimals and fractions and its application to drawings, sketches and measuring instruments. Basic computer literacy is desired. Must be willing to work as a team player, as well as independently.
Mental and Physical Demands
· Manual dexterity
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Lift up to 50 pounds
· Withstand loud noise of a machine shop environment
· Good vision with correction
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.